top of page

Sanatorium Guardaval

Contemporary documents

PDF_Icon.webp

History

  • On October 25, 1915, the “Guardaval Sanatorium” was opened at Salzgäbastrasse 9. The head physician was initially Dr. F. Kornmann, from October 1, 1916 Dr. Bauer and from 1923 Dr. H. Vogel-Eysern, who previously worked with Dr. Turban worked. The director was W. Stiehle.

​​

  • Until 1934, Dr. G. Maurer, the chief physician, he then moved to the “Schatzalp Sanatorium”.

​​

  • From 1934 to 1937 the sanatorium became the “Hotel Silvretta”, the director was F. Bolliger.

​​

  • In 1938 the hotel became the “Dr. Werdenberg”, which was previously located at Rossweidstrasse 9. The head doctor was Dr. Ed. Werdenberg, owner Ms. M. Conrady. According to the brochure, “ophthalmological and complete treatment was offered. Application of all methods of eye, general and climatic treatment indicated in individual cases according to strictly scientific principles.

  • Until 1953, Dr. Semadeni the clinic, then until it closed the well-known Davos ophthalmologist Dr. Heinrich Werner.

Today

  • Between 1970 and 1972, the property was demolished and the new apartment building “Guardaval” was built with condominium apartments.

  • The apartment house is located above the valley station of the Parsennbahn and has a wonderful view.

bottom of page