top of page

Sanatorium Helios

Contemporary documents

1944 - X-ray image of lungs


  • The “Helios Sanatorium” was built at Anemonenweg 5 in 1896.

  • The “Pension Lichtenstein” was opened there in 1916

  • In 1926 the “Pension Lichtenstein” was renamed “Kurpension Helios”.

  • In 1928 the name was changed again to “Hungarian Sanatorium”. The chief physician was Dr. E. Biro.

  • It was a military sanatorium until 1945, after which it became the “Sporthotel Helios”.


  • The former “Sporthotel Helios” now houses condominiums, primarily holiday apartments.

bottom of page