top of page

Sanatorium Mon Repos

Contemporary documents



  • The “Mon Repos” was built in 1907 on Promenade 116 in Davos Dorf. It was initially operated as the “Hotel Continental”.


  • During the First World War, German military patients were admitted there.

  • In 1919 the house was renovated.

  • From 1924 to 1939 it was operated as the “Solsana Sanatorium” and also housed the Polish Library. It then became the “Savoy Sporthotel” for five years.

  • In 1942 the German Tuberculosis Relief Organization in Switzerland took over the house. It was renamed the “Consul Burchard House” and housed mainly sick soldiers until the end of World War II.

  • In July 1945, the German Tuberculosis Relief Organization was dissolved and its assets were transferred to the German Interest Group.

  • In 1953 the assets were transferred to the Federal Republic of Germany. Amazingly, 60 patients from the French “Securité Sociale” were then admitted. That's probably why the house got the French name "Mon Repos".

  • In 1957, the “Mon Repos” sanatorium ceased operations after the occupancy of war victims continued to decline.


  • In 1962, the “Mon Repos” sanatorium was rented by the German Ministry of Defense to the Bundeswehr Social Welfare Office. From then on it served as a hotel and holiday home for many years.


  • In 2015, the real estate company “Mettler2Invest” took over the house and from then on it was operated as a hotel under the name “DAS INN”.

  • In August 2022, the house was reopened after a major renovation with an additional floor under the name “ALPINE INN”.

bottom of page